PHOTOGRAPHIC ART EXHIBITION
Artist, Ms. Nafisa Valita Sheriff – The ImageGriot
ATLANTA, GA. (September 14, 2022) — The Photographs, of the Queen SHEROS in the Atlanta SLLEWD Exhibition Phase I, II) and Book Phase III is an ongoing Photographic Exhibit and Book Project.
It was originated out of love, adornment and the desire to honor the Legacy of Nafisa’s mother, Mrs. Parlean Sheriff Sr. who transitioned in July of 2017.
In honoring Mrs. Parlean Sheriff Sr. and these women of the “SILVER LIVING LEGACIES EXTRAORDINAIRE: WOMEN OF DISTINCTION”, Nafisa demonstrates her love and admiration in celebration to these legacies of greatness.
She has learned and interacted with many of these legendary women, in the capacity of an entrepreneur. Nafisa has witnessed and participated in the exchange of ideas, conversations and the development of experiencing the changes of this Amazing City, Atlanta, GA. She is now documenting these Legendary SLLEWD PHOTOGRAPHS and MEMOIRS in this HISTORICAL BOOK, The “Phase III: (SILVER LIVING LEGACIES EXTRAORDINAIRE: WOMEN OF DISTINCTION, Black and White Photographic Portraits, Memoirs and Awards of Women Who Helped Change Atlanta.
SLLEWD EXHIBIT AWARDS, 2019 – 2022:
- “Proclamation Award” from Michael Julian Bond
- “Proclamation Award” from Atlanta City Council
- “Resolution Award” from District 56; from the Georgia House of Representatives, Honorable “Able” Mable Thomas
- “Commendation Award” from State of Georgia, Governor Brian Kemp
- “Phoenix Award” from the City of Atlanta, Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms